Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Dominion


 Overnight, household pets transformed into monsters that took over the world. Now, survival is about the struggle where humans have become prey to creatures that are faster, stronger, and better able to sense them.

Three months after Black Friday, Aidan and his friends are hiding in a neighbor’s attic. Every day they watch wargs and rocs hunt and devour their neighbors and their friends. Every night the house is swarmed by bats and ugly black birds that are searching for them. In between, they hunt for supplies and fight others for control of solar cells to power the attic fan.

Hard choices need to be made. Stay in the safety of their attic in Houston, or escape the subdivision and head far to the north where they hope it is too cold for most animals. If they leave, they will be open to being hunted by every kind of animal-turned-monster living in North America, including a murderous monster nicknamed The Warden of the West.

 


About Doug Goodman

Hi! My name is Doug Goodman. I live in Houston but I was raised in Lubbock, Texas. I'm an animal writer. It doesn't matter if the animals I write about are zombie-hunting dogs, dinosaurs, or giant kaiju monsters, I'm interested in that area where animals and humans intersect. I'm especially curious about the mind meld that happens with working animals. This is my point of view for examining human nature, and why I enjoy writing these books so much. 

My website (dgoodman1.wordpress.com) says I'm a writer and an explorer. My wife and I are "often" travelers. Thanks to my work, I sometimes get the opportunity to visit extraordinary people in out-of-the-way places. In recent years I've explored parts of the Navajo Nation, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and I did a mesmerizing 20-state roadtrip with my supportive family. I've been to all but four states in the United States. 

I live with two awesome kids (though one is having her own adventures in college), one amazing wife, and two white German Shepherds. Thank you for stopping by, and please check out one of my books. (They are all available from Amazon as paperbacks and e-books.) Since mid-2019, I've been donating twenty percent of my proceeds to charity. If you want to see where I donate, I update my donations via my blog. 

Links

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ6T5GW/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i6

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/doug.goodman.585 

Twitter @DougGoodman1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colt Taylor, a dedicated U.S. marshal, was in the area visiting his recently widowed Aunt Ellie when he received word of a stagecoach hold...