Tuesday, November 9, 2021

THE HELIOS RAIN


 U.S. Air Force Major Dr. Mathew Collins is still a military target in his San Antonio plastic surgery practice. Collins is the sole survivor of his special operations unit in Afghanistan after attack by Iranians with the chemical trichothecene–also called the Helios Rain. The United States fears its next home attack will be with this chemical weapon. Collins’ primary physician, Air Force Colonel Dr. Abram Gesecke is actively testing Collins’ muscle tissue in pursuit of an antidote and reason for his survival. Gesecke urges Collins not to draw attention to his newfound super strength as Collins has become a target by Iran to obtain his medical records and engineer his abduction. Indeed, an Iranian soldier, Lieutenant Kahlid Vermani, also a Helios Rain survivor like Collins, is sent by Iran to the US to find him. Kahlid Vermani uncovers three former Afghanistan military returnees with the name Mathew Collins in his mission to find the correct Helios Rain survivor. In so doing, he prioritizes his targets–an Army Sergeant, a Navy SEAL Lieutenant and Dr. Mathew Collins. It is an agenda of discovery and death.Dr. Collins cannot hide his new powers completely. He is discovered at a fitness center by San Antonio criminal boss Carl Grange, when Collins rescues the man by lifting 400 pounds of free weights from crushing the man’s neck. In addition, when Collins sings the Lord’s Prayer in church with his newfound soul mate Nancy Tilden and her teenage son Frankie, his voice becomes an ethereal, heaven sent delivery inducing a spiritual experience in all who hear the prayer including the U.S. President. Presidential attention adds the Secret Service into the mix of Air Force Security and CIA trying to keep Collins and his new family protected from the Jihad stalkers.

 


About Peter Glassman

As a baby boomer and retired physician I'm devoting my time to writing medical thrillers. My life as an author of fiction began in 2003 after several individuals consistently commented that my speeches delivered at Toastmasters International always captured the audience because they were presented as captivating stories regardless of the topic. "I should write a book" they all said. My wife encouraged me because she was sick of listening to me rehearsing my speeches.

"What should I write about?" I asked of my supportive spouse.

"Write about your patient from the Navy who brought back a bottle full of human eyes from Vietnam."

Thus began my string of medical thrillers starting with THE EYEMAN. The sequel to THE EYEMAN, THE DUTY CREW, chronicles the last Christmas Day of the Vietnam War in a Northeast Naval hospital. Like all my novels true lifetime situations is interwoven with suspenseful and intriguing storylines.

I spent most of my life in Massachusetts and schooling leading up to both an MD and PhD in medicine and directed medical research for the last 20 years of my healthcare career with drug development in major pharmaceutical companies.

I've always been caught up in history and my medical thriller COTTER attests to historical fact both in medicine and family life in the struggling Post-Civil War years 1868-1872.

I believe literature should be educational, fun, serious, full of feelings and always with a touch of fantasy. We're all part dreamers. When Dr. Mathew Collins returns from Afghanistan military service his life encompasses all these elements in THE HELIOS RAIN. A similar experience but on a different motif was blended in my medical thriller surrounding a possible cure for Muscular Dystrophy in THE MYOSIN FACTOR. Ever want to reveal the bad side of an employment experience? My years in the pharmaceutical industry witnessed sabotage and some drugs with unacceptable side effects pressured by upper management to sneak by the FDA. THE ADJUSTMENT CLINIC fictionalizes two of these real-life based situations.

I live in San Antonio, Texas spending 5-hours a day on new writing, working with editors and trying to promote my e-books. Encouraging my 8 grandchildren to read and write is as much fun as my own writing efforts. It's my hope that the reading public will experience the joys and realities of life through my novels.

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X4L2QW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Twitter @pglassma

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colt Taylor, a dedicated U.S. marshal, was in the area visiting his recently widowed Aunt Ellie when he received word of a stagecoach hold...