Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The Mannequin: A Victorian Romance

 When she was a poor country girl in a hand-me-down dress, Rosamund saved the Duke of Swanhaven from the brink of despair… only to fall in love with him. Now a celebrated mannequin for an exclusive London dressmaker, her glamorous life is empty without the man to whom she gave her heart. Can a beastly duke and a beautiful mannequin ever find a fairy-tale ending?

About Suzanne G. Rogers

Suzanne G. Rogers is a California native, but she changed coastlines and now lives with her husband and son in romantic Savannah, Georgia, on an island populated by deer, exotic birds, turtles, and the occasional gator. She's owned by two Sphynx cats, Houdini and Nikita. Writing blush-free young adult fiction is her passion. 

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

Since I write a lot of historical fiction, I conduct a lot of Internet searches to make sure the details of what I’m writing is historically accurate. I also check Online Etymology Dictionary to make sure the words I’m using are appropriate to the year and location in which my story is set. I don’t get things 100% all the time but I always give it my best effort!

The genesis of the stories themselves is a bit more complex. Sometimes, I’m inspired by a movie, a book, a dream, or an issue in my own life.

When did you write your first book, and how old were you?

I was in my late thirties when I wrote the first book in the Yden series. I love fantasy and would have enjoyed that book and the series when I was growing up. So, I wrote it!

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I put off a lot of chores when I’m actively writing, so there’s always something to do around the house. Often, I will go outside to rake leaves and prune trees, to get some fresh air and exercise. Last year, in between books, I refinished floors, painted, and planned my next renovations.

What does your family think of your writing?

My son wishes I would write more fantasy and my husband wishes I would write everything more quickly! I got my husband hooked on historical romance, by the way, and he reads far more than I do.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written around thirty books, I think. The thirtieth one is at the editor right now and I’m hoping to get it published soon.

Asking me to choose my favorite book is like asking a mother to choose her favorite child! I will say that certain characters, like Kellan in Royal Promenade, Larken Burke in Larken, Wesley Parker in Duke of a Gilded Age, Willoughby Winter in My Fair Guardian, and Heather in Tournament of Chance: Dragon Rebel were a great deal of fun to write.

I like my heroes and heroines to be plucky, brave, creative, tenacious, honorable, and to have a touch of whimsy whenever possible.


For her historical romance blog, go to http://suzannegrogers.com/

To join her historical romance mailing list for news on sales, freebies, and new releases, go to: 

https://tinyurl.com/y7vofvyq

For her fantasy blog, go to https://childofyden.wordpress.com

2 comments:

 An old journal, revealing hidden treasure at St. Francis Church, falls into the hands of acting medical examiner, Dr. Amy Daniels, and t...