Thursday, March 3, 2022

Interview with Aimée Marie Bejarano



Where did you grow up, and how did this influence your writing?
I grew up in California until I turned 14 then we moved to Texas. I actually don't think it did anything for my writing lol.

When did you first start writing?
I first began my writing journey when I was 16. I was homeschooled at that time, and I was given an assignment. I had to write a one page creative writing story. Well, I have no idea how anyone can write a story, even a short story in one page, so I did what I could. And funny enough, that was to write part of the story and then leave it hanging. When I handed it to my mom to check she flipped over the page, blank lol. "Where's the rest of the story?" I said, "The assignment in my book said one page and to have you check it." "But it's really good!" Then she handed it to my big sister- this would have been the point where I bite my nails down to the nubs lol. The apple certainly doesn't fall far from the tree because she did exactly what my mom just did asking where the rest was. I explained that I did have more to the story but I didn't write it down. They encouraged me and from that day I knew I was supposed to write. And I diligently did. Switched from stories to drama scripts, to stories again lol.

What's the story behind your latest book?
Ah the latest book and the story behind it. It's entitled, "My Name Is Not Saul" and it's part two of the Angelica Series. It is about the Apostle Paul from the book of Acts in the Bible. It's the journey as recorded of Saul of Tarsus, later the Apostle Paul. Of course it's historical fiction but I follow the story line of scripture closely.

What motivated you to become an indie author?
Simply put, I was exhausted of wasted hours, days, weeks, months on submission guidelines and outlines to submit to literary agents and publishing houses. I recall spending almost all on one. I was so very proud of it, it was a winner only to send the email and literary- I'm not kidding here- the agent emailed me back in about 60 seconds rejecting it. Well, I knew he didn't read it all considering his hefty guidelines he had on his website. I was done.

How has Smashwords contributed to your success?
Smashwords has indeed helped with reaching more readers through the Smashwords outlet. I'm thankful for that.
What do your fans mean to you?
Fans are readers, and they mean the world to me. Even if they get the novel and don't care for the book as much as I'd hoped, I still am blessed. It's like coming home from church and changing out of your church clothes and throwing on comfortable clothes or your pajamas.- Okay, okay, maybe not like that but BETTER!
What are you working on next?
Currently, I'm working on a "how to" book dealing with chronic pain. It's very near and dear to my heart because I suffer from several diseases and ailments and I live every moment of every day in pain.
I'm also working on a new paranormal novel which is based on a vivid dream I had a couple years ago.


5 STARS! "Grace Rodriguez and her four children had the bad luck of moving into the wrong house. THE GATEWAY is a paranormal thriller that grabbed me early on and had me reading with interest late into the night." - Frank Scozzari

Something sinister and reeking of sulfur enters the home of single mother, Grace Rodriguez. It enters through a portal...a gateway. It kidnaps her eldest son taking him into its dimension...gone!

Meanwhile, a popular journalist, Aiden Jenson, is beginning a new assignment, and he will clash worlds with this malevolent creature to get the story.

As Aiden investigates, there's one thing he wasn't expecting being around a family. He's beginning to care for more than just his impending deadline.

When all of Grace's children are stolen, she and Aiden know they have but one chance and one chance only. The only way to save the children or have them forever lost in the creature's dimension, is to enter....the GATEWAY.

It's a nail biting, paranormal, supernatural, horror, and thriller that will send chills up your spine and make the hairs on the back your neck stand up.

Will they make it out alive or will they be lost forever?

(Keep in mind readers that this novel has been redone and in 2nd Edition on November 2017. If you have a kindle that was purchased before this time, you will have an unedited version and must update the book. Thank you!
 
Welcome! To be notified of author Reverend Aimée Marie Bejarano new releases, special sales, and get FREE Kindle eBooks when available click 'Follow' under her picture.

A Christian YA multi-genre author, Reverend Aimée Marie Bejarano writes inspirational, historical fiction, Messianic, Jewish, paranormal, science fiction, horror, supernatural, and urban fantasy novels. She is the author of the bestselling Kindle novel, "Angelica, You Have Chosen Well," Part One of the Angelica Series & "My Name Is Not Saul" Part Two of the Angelica Series. Her inspiration and passion come from the Lord who uses her love of good books, movies and things of the supernatural and paranormal to show readers what God’s Word (The Bible) says regarding controversial subjects. No matter the genre, each of Aimée's novels proclaim Jesus as the King and Conqueror while spreading the gospel.

This country gal lives in the great state of Texas. A musician, Aimée has worked with the youth for years. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and playing with her four-legged kids, movie fright nights with the family, and caring for her small fowl flock. On cool evenings, she loves taking leisure walks and adores thunderstorms.

Though dealing with chronic pain, from several disabling diseases, Aimée presses on eager to encourage others to fight against their physical limitations. For this talented servant of God, writing is not only a calling, but a means to fly away into the world of her imagination. A talent for writing in the present tense, readers are pulled into the story while it’s happening.


Follow and Connect with the Author

http://deadmanwalkingpublications.com/

Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Gateway-Aimee-Marie-Bejarano/dp/0359114695/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Aim%C3%A9e+Marie+Bejarano&qid=1646350491&sr=8-1
Twitter: @ChristianStormP

No comments:

Post a Comment

 An old journal, revealing hidden treasure at St. Francis Church, falls into the hands of acting medical examiner, Dr. Amy Daniels, and t...