Monday, October 11, 2021

Joyful, Joyful (All in a Name Book 1)



 Joy Fullerton was just an eleven year-old kid. That’s all. Granted, her nose was too long, her face was too narrow, and her extremely tall body was almost stick-thin. And, if that weren’t enough to doom her to merciless teasing by the kids on the school bus, she was painfully, painfully shy.
On his first day at her school, Grant Cooper demanded to know what Joy’s name was. Afraid not to answer, she got as far as “Joy Ful…” when he jumped in with a loud taunt. “Joyful, joyful, she’s got a nose-ful. She don’t look to me so joyful!” Day in and day out, she heard this from Grant, and all the other kids on board who took up the taunt, morning and afternoon.
Now, over twenty years later, and a lot of life gone past, Grant shows up at her medical practice. He doesn’t recognize Dr. Joy Fullerton at all, but before entering the exam room, she reads on the chart that the patient’s name is Grant Cooper. She’d never forgotten that name. When she opens the exam room door… sure enough, it’s him.
She’d never forgiven him. So… what happens now?!
Sheila Holmes
My adorable husband and I live totally surrounded by forest in a couple of acres of the most beautiful area in North Carolina. We built this home over thirty years ago when we moved here (with no jobs nor any prospects) from Southern California. Yes, we moved from the west coast to the east coast. And the best part? We’ve never once regretted it. This is truly home!
We’re empty-nesters, having the most amazing daughter who had the audacity to grow up, get married and move far, far away (well, five miles away, anyhow). She and her husband are the delights of our lives. We spend inordinate amounts of time with them. We’re blessed!
Now that it’s just the two of us, I have more time to pursue some of the really fun things that the busyness of life (raising a family and teaching high school) didn’t afford me earlier.
My greatest joys these days are to write, cook, bake, and not clean house (pretty much in that order). I mean really… I had the spotless house all the years our daughter was home, now… not so much. In fact, the dust on the furniture I consider to be an “opportunity.” After all, it makes a wonderful page to write notes on for any new writing endeavors, or to note any changes I’d like to make in present writings. I encourage guests to autograph my coffee table. I only ask that when they put the date, they exclude the year.
Okay, what’s up with my writing? I will just say this. I don’t sleep well. When I inevitably get up for several hours nightly, there is nothing more satisfying than laying pen to paper (just kidding, I have a computer and key in everything, but the old image is so much more romantically dramatic, right?!). What do I write? Well, my favorite is contemporary Christian fiction, followed by Christmas romance plans for husbands and wives. I just love them both! You can read about my two latest Christmas romance plans here. So much fun!
About ten years ago, I thought I’d try my hand at creating some cutesy love certificates, but it has grown so much over this last decade that I now have two other web sites that carry my marriage certificate designs and marriage vow renewal certificate designs, http://www.certificate-of-marriage.com and http://www.marriage-vow-renewal.com.
Yes, I’m a busy little child.
But, I would really ‘miss the boat’ (did I really just use that old broken down phrase?) if I didn’t share the greatest thrill in life. Jesus, The One who loves me so much that when I was spiritually dead in my sins, He took it on Himself to pay the penalty for me. I’m free! My husband, our daughter, and our son-in-law are free! We’ve each accepted His precious gift of salvation and rejoice together. We’re a redeemed family!
My hope is that you’ll find me, find my books, and that I will provide you with hours of reading enjoyment.
It would be a win-win! For you… some reading pleasure. For me… an outlet for a mind that just doesn’t want to shut down.
Other Links
Twitter:   @AuthorWriterSH

No comments:

Post a Comment

 An old journal, revealing hidden treasure at St. Francis Church, falls into the hands of acting medical examiner, Dr. Amy Daniels, and t...