Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Re-release of Stopped Cold


Re-release of Stopped Cold
What inspired you to write Stopped Cold?
As a college student then later as a young Mom, I knew of children, teens and young adults affected in a devastating way because they didn’t always excel. The results ranged from heartache in children over not winning a race or making all As to suicide attempts and suicide in young adults. I’m not sure if these sad situations crossed my path more than they did that of others or not, but the more pain I witnessed, the more I wished these children, teens and young adults had believed they did not have to be the best, but do their best. Even though the drive seemed to originate from different sources - parents, siblings, peer pressure or within - I wanted to tell them that God had given each of them a gift or gifts to use for Him, and they didn’t need to be #1. The theme rattled around in my head for years until finally, I put it in Stopped Cold.
Synopsis
Things aren't what they seem in peaceful Mistville, North Carolina.
Margaret McWhorter enjoys a laid-back Freshman year in high school swimming and hanging out with friends—until the day her brother, Sean, suffers a stroke from taking steroids. Now he's lying unconscious in a hospital.
Anger sets a fire for retribution inside her, and Margaret vows to make the criminals pay. Even the cop on the case can't stop her from investigating. Looking for justice, she convinces two friends, Jimmy and Emily to join her in a quest that takes them through a twisted, drug-filled sub-culture they discover deep in the woods behind the school. Time and again they walk a treacherous path, and come face-to-face with danger.
All the while Margaret really wants to cure Sean, heal the hate inside, and open her heart to love.
What people are saying.
From a review by Diane
Wow! This book had my attention from the first page! I read this book in one evening! Even though this is a young adult book, I really enjoyed it. It is told from the first person point of view which is my favorite way to tell a story. It is written from Margaret, a teenager's point of view. It has a little suspense and a little romance in it. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone!
From a review by Donna
I loved this story. Took me only 1 1/2 days to read. The book contains romance, mystery, love of family and also family problems, drug abuse and peer pressure. Told from a teenagers perspective and how she deals with a family crisis. She has a strong love for her brother and will stop at nothing to help him.
Well written and held my interest all the way. Good read for any age but especially for teenagers and parents.
From a review by a teen on Madi’s Musings
Stopped Cold captured my attention right from the start. Showing the dangers of drugs, Stopped Cold is a book that all teens should read.
The way the book is crafted makes it extremely easy to connect with the characters. I loved the way the suspense is built. And as for the ending, well, God often uses the bad to draw people closer to him, as Margaret discovers in this adrenaline building tale.


Bio: Award-winning author Gail Pallotta’s a wife, mom, swimmer and bargain shopper who loves God, beach sunsets and getting together with friends and family. She’s a former regional writer of the year for American Christian Writers Association, a 2013 Grace Awards finalist and a 2017 Reader’s Favorite Book Award winner. She’s published six books, poems, short stories and two-hundred articles. Some of her articles appear in anthologies while two are in museums. To learn more about Gail and her books visit her website at http//gailpallotta.com. and her Amazon author page at amazon.com/author/gailpallotta.

Buy links: Amazon short link - Amazon.com/dp/B07R7RHF5K




8 comments:

  1. I'm putting this on my list for the summer. Can't wait! Congratulations on the re-release. Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and God's blessings with your re-release, Gail!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody, Thank you for stopping by and for your interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela, Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this story. It's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks timely and excellent. Congrats, Gail. I just put it on my to-purchase list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LoRee, Thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

  The Kalico Kids are puppets created for use in Junior church classes. Scripts and stories, teach Biblical principles through imagined sc...